Laparoscopic surgery, also called minimally invasive surgery or, keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical
technique in which operations in the abdomen are performed through small incisions (usually 0.5-1.5cm)
as compared to larger incisions needed in traditional surgical procedures. Laparoscopic surgery includes
operations within the abdominal or pelvic cavities.The Laparoscopic surgery approach is intended to
minimize post-operative pain and speed up recovery times, while maintaining an enhanced visual field for
surgeons. Due to improved patient response, in the last two decades, laparoscopic surgery has been
adopted by various surgical sub-specialties including gastrointestinal surgery (including bariatric
procedures for morbid obesity), gynaecological surgery and urology.
There are a number of advantages to the patient with laparoscopic surgery versus an open procedure. These include:
- Reduced blood loss, which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Minimal postoperative pain &discomfort : Smaller incision, which reduces pain and shortens recovery time to as low as 7 days.
- Less pain, leading to less pain medication needed.
- Although procedure times are usually slightly longer, hospital stay is less around 1-2 days, and often with a same day discharge which leads to a faster return to everyday living.
- Reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants thereby reduced risk of acquiring infection
- No scar or almost invisible scar
- Less postoperative complications likes hernia,wound dehiscence etc.
- Cost – effective as the patients and attendants remain absent from his/her works for less number of days. Hence overall cost is less than conventional open surgery.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy(removal of diseased gallbladder)
- Laparoscopic CBD Exploration (for common bile duct stones)
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy.(removal of diseased appendix)
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair TAP, TEPP and other (all kinds of hernia).
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication. (for gastro-esophageal reflux disease)
- Laparoscopic Repair of duodenal perforation. (emergency laparoscopic procedure)
- Laparoscopic Gastrostomy ( for palliative management of late stage upper G.I.T. carcinoma)
- Laparoscopic splenectomy(removal of spleen)
- Laparoscopic Selective Vagotomy. (for peptic ulcer disease)
- Laparoscopic Salpingectomy.(removal of diseased fallopian tubes)
- Laparoscopic Gastric banding (laparoscopic treatment for morbid obesity)
- Upper and lower G.I Endoscopies. (diagnostic as well as therapeutic endoscopies)
- Laparoscopic Pyloroplastic Procedure (Treatment of Gastric outlet Obstruction))
- Laparoscopic Colostomy (For malignant and benign diseases of colon)
- Laparoscopic Colectomy (For malignant and benign diseases of colon)
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy (Removal of adrenal gland for pheochromocytoma)
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate (Removal of enlarged prostate)
- Laparoscopic Liver Biopsy (For benign and malignant liver disease)
- Laparoscopic Gastrojejunostomy (For Gastric outlet diseases)
- Laparoscopic Subtotal Liver Resection (For benign liver diseases only)
- Laparoscopic Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Small Intestine Partial Resections
- Laparoscopic Adhesions Removal
- Laparoscopic Operations in Ileus
- Laparoscopic Treatment of Rectum Prolapse
- Laparoscopic Heller’s Myotomy
- Laparoscopic Devascularisation in Portal Hypertension
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy (for undiagnosed abdominal diseases)
Gynaecological procedures :
- Laparoscopic Management of Ectopic Pregnancy
- Laparoscopic Management of Myoma
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Salpingo-Oophorectomy
- Laparoscopic Management of Stress Incontinence (Burch Suspension)
- Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopic Recanalization Surgery
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Mobile No. :
- +91-9636180222, 8290070000
- Phone No. :
- 0141-2356944, 2357570
- Email Id :
- Mr. Vikram Pareek, MedipersonMy father was cared for in Marudhar Hospital and i was very happy with the standard of care.
- Mr. Pratap Singh, MLAMarudhar Hospital is doing a great job in providing good, affordable health care.
- Dr. Pratima SinghMy daughter was treated in Marudhar Hospital and received very good care.
- Dr. Rukmani SinghThe ICU care of my grandmother while in Marudhar Hospital was of good quality and was caring and compassionate.
- Dr. Rahul Singh, G I surgeon USAThe standards of care in Marudhar Hospital are appreciable . patient care is very good.
- Dr. Sangeeta Verma, Psychiatric USAI am grateful to the Doctors ans staff of Marudhar Hospital for the excellent care of my mother while in hospital.